Saturday, February 21, 2009







It's hard to believe that five weeks has already flown by. It's crazy what can change in this amount of time. I remember the first night I got here and unpacked my things and I thought.. I'm not sure this place is ever going to feel comfortable, and then the next weekend it felt like my host family just wanted to sleep all day long and I didn't know my way around to go downtown and didn't know anybody in this whirlwind of a city. I would sit in my room for hours because I wasn't comfortable enough to come hang out in the living room and my family just always asked me...do you want to go to your room and rest?? Of course I said si...when really I didn't. We don't just take an afternoon to rest where I come from. Luckily that all changed very very quickly. I know have AMAZING friends that have made this experience so much greater than I ever could have hoped or dreamed and I love to just come up to the livingroom and hang out. In fact, I'm now wherever my family is and love visiting with them and cherish every conversation we have. We watch a telenovela everynight and if I miss it one night they can't wait to fill me in the next day. I love being around them and this house actually does feel like a home. The other day I walked into my room and there was just this smell that felt comforting..like home.



I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world and got to have my love come visit me for the weekend of Valentine's Day. We had a wonderful weekend and I'm just so lucky to have somebody like this in my life and the have gotten to have such a great weekend with him. I think my favorite part of the weekend was when he came to meet my host family. Man, they just ate him up and loved having him here. Maybe it's because they think he looks like Collin Ferrel, I don't know, but they were so great. My host mom kept trying to say words in english and it may have been one of the cutest things I've ever heard. It really meant alot to me this time spent in my house. Unfortunately Dylan had to go home on Sunday. I went with him to the Airport and then just asked the taxi driver if I could return to Guanajuato with him. He had to ask the police because the "airport taxi's" are the only ones allowed to take people from the airport, but fortunately the police said it was ok. So I said bye to Dylan and my heart ached and when I got into the taxi I was trying with all my heart not to cry and wasn't being very successful, but then on our way out the police stopped my taxi driver and wanted to give him a fine because I was with him. Long story short...the taxi driver was pretty dang mad and vented to me in Spanish so pretty much I had no time to be sad and had to click back into spanish mode real quick. Whew! The best part was though, as soon as we pulled back into Guanajuato, I felt a feeling of relief because I felt like I was back home again. I mean it will never be my Wyoming home, but I now have this feeling of having a home here. It's like everyday I fall in love with this city more everyday and cannot wait to see what new adventure or something or somebody in the streets I'm going to encounter.









No comments:

Post a Comment