Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cosas, pensamientos, y acciones nuevos


Today I was thinking, I'm not sure at which point of the day I was thinking, but I was, and my thoughts kind of went like this: I have been here for almost a month. Sunday will be the first day of the fifth week. I can't hardly believe it's already been three and a half weeks and at the same time, it's kind of exciting because it's really still the beginning of a five month journey. In these three weeks I feel as though I've learned alot. Not just parts of spanish, but many things about myself and the world we live in as well. It's really crazy to think that such differences exist between two so very similar places. Thoughts, actions, weather, and just everything. It's really just a ways south, but it is so different here. After dinner, well yogurt and fruit, I was thinking of a list in my head of all that I've learned. Not only things I've discovered about people in general, but many things that I've actually learned about myself as well. This is kind of the list that was processing in my mind.




1. Everybody has a way of living
2. Sanitary doesn't always exist and it's ok
3. I thought that the turkey we ate at thanksgiving looked gross before it was cooked....that's nothing
4. It is actually possible to keep eating when a hair is in your food...especially if it's home made ice cream from a vender in the street
5. Hot water is not essential for a shower
6. It is possible to shave your legs outside of the shower
7. Mexico does NOT equal warmth
9. Paying $4.00 for a small box of strawberries at walmart is rediculous. A huge bag for 9 pesos is much better and the fresas are much more tasty
10. No matter where I am in the world, walking into the church always feels like home
11. I already stick out like a sore thumb, might as well speak Spanish to improve my skills
12. Living environments, no matter what they may be, are not good nor bad, they are just different than the place before
13. Rats are discusting and I hate scorpions
14. Putting toilet paper in the trash is easy to get used to, remember to bring toilet paper with you everywhere you go is difficult
15. Hills are very hard to walk up, but well worth it when you reach your destiny
16. time is an estimate, for example, class starting at nine might actually be 9:10, especially if the sun in shining
17. Comfort is much more of an essential than style
18. Happiness always exists, especially if it's not something you're looking for
19. When somebody gets close to your face when they are saying goodbye, they really aren't trying to give you a kiss, just saying goodbye is all
20. Cockroaches can be like two inches long and are very fast ginormous bugs
21. Papaya actually isn't that bad and the older it is, in my opionion, the better it tastes :)

The list really goes on and on and I would be very lucky to remember or even realize all that I've learned and be aware of all that I will learn in this journey.



















No comments:

Post a Comment