Friday, March 27, 2009

Mas aventuras



















































I feel like so much has happened since I've last written, which is probably why I haven't written for a while. I feel as though I've been on the move since January 18, the day I arrived. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.





I traveled to Guadalajara where I stayed in a hostal for two nights. One of the days I traveled to a small town named Tequila were they make lots and lots of tequila. It was really interesting to see how it is made. I took a tour of Guadalajara, which was really cool. It's such a big city that the tour took an hour and a half just to drive around the city.





I think the highlight of my trip since I've last written was getting to see my mom and dad and Dylan. Dylan flew in on Friday and we took a bus to see my mom and dad, Kim and Ron, and Kathy and Darrell. It was an incredible weekend of hanging out on the beach and just soaking up some Mexican sun. I loved getting to see everybody too. I didn't really realize how much I miss home until I got to spend time with everybody.





Dylan and I then took a bus back to Guanajuato and he got to spend five more nights in Mexico. I'm so lucky that he came to visit me. Unfortunately it was raining the whole week he was here so we didn't really get to do very much, but it was still fine, because I was totally happy just getting to be with Dylan. I'm not going to lie, it was very hard to concentrate in school knowing that Dylan was in my city.





Unfortunately he had to leave that next Saturday. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty dang sad when he left, but one of my good friends came and got me and we went and had bagels and malts. Ice cream usually helps. We then went to a soccer game in Leon which was really really fun. It's amazing how much these people get into soccer. Actually I kind of felt a little at home, like I was at a Wyoming futball game...well I guess at Wyoming football games you don't hear little kids yelling terrible words and throwing trash onto the field when the other team scores, but ya know, still the competative admosphere.





On Sunday I hiked up the mountain named "La Bufa," where I repelled off a cliff. I found it really enjoyable and the view was incredible. I was one of the first to go so I told all the girls in my group they needed to do it because it was a blast...well like half of them cried the whole way down because they thought was it was scary...oops. I definately had a good time though. AFter la Bufa I went with my host family and we had a bar-b-que at a place called las palomas. It was a really pretty view of the city and muchos grills and tables. It was really pretty and good to just spend some time with my family.



This week has pretty much just been school, but this weekend I'm going to Mexico City. I'm really excited because I get to see Teotihuacan (a ruin), which is something I've always wanted to see, and also I'm going to go to the Mexico/Costa Rica soccer game. It's a game to get into the word cup so it should be pretty crazy.



My familia will be here the 7 and I can hardly wait. I'm planning out things for us to do. After that I'm going to spend four days in Puerto Vallarta. This I'm also very excited for, but have a different feeling as I know it's just going to be a little different than going with all the family, but it's still going to be great. How lucky to will have gotten to visit the beach 3 times in 5 months! AH! Que Suerte!

This viaje is going by so quickly. I'm so lucky to have this experience. I still feel like I just haven't woken up from a dream. Something I've always wanted to do has become a reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment