Tuesday, January 27, 2009










School has come. I have class from eight in the morning until 1 in the afternoon, which is quite different because last semester I didn't start classes until one in the afternoon. It's very nice to have somewhat of a schudule. My mornings go by very quickly. A couple of friends and I have started an excersise class called Zumba in the afternoons. Oh man, it was pretty crazy and quite difficult, but very enjoyable. My days here are good. Sometimes I feel frustrated as the language doesn't come without thinking, but I just keep telling myself that it's only been a week and with time it will all come. The desire to be fluent and to be able to communitcate without saying...what?...what?..what? all the time is very strong. Many times as I'm walking down the street I feel as though I'm in a dream. It's like when you take a vacation and you think, man...I'd like to walk this street everyday. It's like that thought has actually become a reality. The beauty of not only the city but the people as well is quite immense. Each day I think of what Aunt Yvonne wrote in a card she gave me. "Enjoy everysingle day." As I walk I try to take in this experience and know that each day I walk down the streets that this is an adventure of a lifetime and everyday is going to bring something new into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,
    You give very good discriptions of what you are doing and seeing. Its very enjoyable to read! Keep up the good work. Im glad your settling into a routine. I think time for you will fly by. Enjoy yourself and take in as much as possible. You will be back here in the cold and snow sooner than you can imagine!! We miss you!
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete